Head of Business Psychology
- Job title: Head of Business Psychology
- Sector: Internal Recruitment
- Location: London
- Type: Permanent
Blayze Vantage are a sector specialist talent consultancy who draw upon scientific rigour, consulting expertise and significant sector knowledge to provide bespoke organisational people strategies, assessment solutions and development offers. The consultancy is part of Blayze Group, a leading construction, development and real estate executive search and talent organisation.
About the role:
A fantastic opportunity now exists to join Blayze Vantage as our Head of Business Psychology. You will be responsible for overseeing our key client relationships alongside the Client Director, designing and delivering bespoke leadership assessment and development solutions, lead consultancy projects, design and deliver bespoke training, and manage and enhance significant client accounts.
You will utilise your professional expertise and judgement to apply the best solutions for our clients, who operate in the construction, development and real estate sectors. The organisations we work with range from FTSE 100 organisations to SME’s businesses.
The role will manage a team of Business Psychologists and a broad expert associate network.
- Oversee the design and delivery of all Blayze Vantage consultancy projects.
- Line management and supervision of the Blayze Vantage team and facilitate, train and supervise their professional development.
- Manage the Blayze Vantage team to meet client needs and deliver projects to required timescales.
- Take responsibility for the strategic planning of business development activities alongside the Client Director.
- Commercial responsibility for achieving revenue targets for consultancy and training.
- Act as a key point of contact for significant client accounts alongside the Client Director.
- Define the client problems to be addressed, develop solutions in collaboration with clients, and communicate proposed solutions and their benefits.
- Develop, implement, and evaluate employee selection procedures, including psychometric tests, assessment centre exercises and structured interviews.
- Provide evidence-based advice and guidance to clients on how specific interventions can support their requirements.
- Promote the use of psychological best practice.
- Produce high quality reports for clients.
- Prepare proposals and presentation materials.
- Deliver presentations to clients.
- Manage the team to respond to client leads and enquiries.
- Attend client meetings with the Client Director.
- 8+ years’ relevant work experience in a commercial environment.
- Leading end-to-end projects within the consultancy cycle.
- Consulting with a wide-range of clients in a client-centred and collaborative manner, to diagnose issues and successfully implement strategies and solutions.
- Conducting job analysis and competency framework design, including organisation-wide frameworks, or frameworks across multiple levels.
- Conducting behavioural assessments and interviews at all levels, management assessment, and one-to-one senior leadership/executive assessment and development.
- Designing and evaluating a wide range of assessment solutions, including interviews, assessment centre exercises, and online assessments, at all levels from volume recruitment/junior roles to senior leadership/executive assessment.
- Using psychometric tools for recruitment, including the use of ability tests and personality questionnaires.
- Experience within an in-house team will also be considered.
- MSc in Occupational/Organisational Psychology
- Chartered Membership with BPS (CPsychol) (desirable)
- Test User: Occupational, Ability (or Level A equivalent)
- Test User: Occupational, Personality (or Level B equivalent)
The successful candidate will need to be:
- Driven and determined to meet deadlines and respond to client expectations
- Flexibility in responding to business requirements
- Strong relationship and client building skills
- Act as a role model in a small team
- Strong commercial awareness
- Ability to deliver at pace
If you are looking for a new opportunity within a growing consultancy, and a company that cares and provides a welcoming work culture, apply below or get in touch with Hayleigh Saunders firstname.lastname@example.org